Friday, December 24, 2010

'Calling All Last-Minute Shoppers'

The text message from my cousin yesterday read: “Hey fashionista. What’s a good bag to buy my girlfriend? I don’t know anything.”

It turns out that there’s always a last-minute shopper or two struggling for Christmas gift ideas. Luckily for my cousin, I quickly picked out a Marc by Marc Jacobs cross-body bag from shopbop.com with free rush delivery. I’m hoping his girlfriend will like the gift.

For the other last-minute shoppers (who will be making a few gift-giving rounds after Christmas), shop these gift ideas for the names left on your list:

The Home Decorator

Gift for the home decorator

There’s always one in every family. In mine, my sister is convinced that my parent’s house is in need of some serious redecorating. She already spent yesterday painting the upstairs stairwell. Now, she tells me that all the furniture in the upstairs guest master bedroom needs to be moved to accommodate our New Year’s guests.

A Décor Innovation mink faux fur throw as a gift is both a reward and decorating treat for when she finally decides where to move the sofa. Right now, enjoy free shipping on all Décor Innovation orders over $50 until Dec. 28.


The Cat Lady, or Man

For the cat lover

Single cat owners need not apply. A cat owner of two or more will appreciate the quality and design of this Alessi cat-shaped bowl in colors like blue, yellow, gray and black. Based in Italy, Alessi is a well-known among the design community for its innovation and contemporary home fashion products. I’m not even a cat owner (try foster dog owner) and I can’t help but wish I had a cat of my own if only to buy this food bowl. Shipped from Italy, the item costs $90 on yoox.com.


The Social Drinker

For the social drinker

This gift never goes out of style. For the liquor aficionado who loves his whisky, or for the man who prefers to spend football Sunday with his buddies at home, give this man some quality bar ware. Personalize the bar ware with his initials, so his guests know who to thank at the end of the toast. Now with free standard shipping at Neiman Marcus.

-S. Gonzalez

*Photos courtesy of decorinnovation.com; yoox.com; neimanmarcus.com

1 comment:

  1. this blog is somewhat different, but i liked this. the newest fashion is on go.

    ReplyDelete